Listed are ways in which you can recieve advising:
Individual Career Counseling
This service is by appointment only. Usually 30 minute to 1 hour in length, professional career counselors are available to assist and guide you on a range of career related decisions, such as:
|• Choosing or changing your major||• Administering and interpreting career assessments|
|• Deciding on and developing a career plan||• Developing job search strategies|
|• Building a résumé and preparing for an interview||• Considering and exploring graduate/professional school|
|• Changing careers||• Finding internships|
What Is Expected Of You
- Prepare for each meeting by printing copies of your résumé, cover letter, statement of purpose etc.
- Be on time for your appointment! If you are more than 10 minutes late, you will have to reschedule
- Realize that you play the primary role in your own career development process
- Understand that our services and resources are meant to guide and teach you
- Honesty! Represent yourself truthfully on paper and within your CareerLaunch profile
Drop-in Career Advising
Need an answer to a quick question about your major, how to job search or a résumé critique? Drop-in advising is a 10-15 minute advising session available on a first-come, first-serve basis at the Career Center. No appointment necessary!
Please visit the 'About Us' page for current drop-in hours.
Drop-in hours should not be viewed as appointments but rather as a time to ask sensitive questions with a peer advisor during a quick visit.
*Drop-in services are subject to change and cancellation.