Student Eligibility for Academic Credit
If you are interested in earning academic credit for your internship, please check with your department. Some questions for consideration:
- How many hours are required?
- Are there prerequisites?
- What year (Freshman, Sophomore, etc.) are you eligible to start an internship?
- Is there a minimum GPA requirement?
- Who is the faculty coordinator?
- Are there pre-approved sites where your department has placed interns in the past?
- Is there a syllabus for the course?
- Do you have to enroll into a course in order to view the pre-approved sites?
- Are there any restrictions I need to be aware of if I find an internship not on the pre-approved site?
- Does the employer have to fill out any paperwork?
- What kinds of experiences won't qualify as an internship for credit?
- I've already started my internship, how do I get credit for it?
- How many units can I receive for an internship?
- Who approves my enrollment into an internship course?
- Can I participate in multiple internships at the same time?
- What if I'm asked to extend my internship into another quarter, do I have to enroll once again in another internship course?